Skip to main content
All CollectionsTreasuries
How many tax documents should I expect to receive?
How many tax documents should I expect to receive?
Updated over a week ago

When tax season comes around, you’ll receive documents in January and/or February for your Treasury Account as required by law. If you earned $10 or more in interest income during the calendar year, you will receive a 1099-INT and will have to report that income on your tax return. If you earned less than $10 in interest in your Treasury Account, we will not provide tax documents since you are not required to report interest income of less than $10 to the IRS. We will also be providing you with Form 1099-B showing the trades that have occurred in your brokerage account and the resulting gains and losses.

For further questions please contact our member support team via in-app chat or email at


© Copyright 2023 Public Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Free trading refers to $0 commissions for Open to the Public Investing, Inc Financial self-directed individual cash brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities via mobile devices. Relevant SEC & FINRA fees may apply. Please see our Commission and Fee Schedule.

This is not an offer, solicitation of an offer or advice to buy or sell securities, or open a brokerage account in any jurisdiction where Open to the Public Investing, Inc is not registered.

Investments in T-bills: Not FDIC Insured; No Bank Guarantee; May Lose Value.

All U.S. Treasury investments and investment advisory services provided by Jiko Securities, Inc., a registered broker-dealer, member FINRA and SIPC. Securities in your account are protected up to $500,000. For details, please see Banking services provided by Jiko Bank, a division of Mid-Central National Bank.

Jiko Group, Inc. and its affiliates do not provide legal, tax, or accounting advice. You should consult your legal and/or tax advisors before making any financial decisions. This material is not intended as a recommendation, offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or investment strategy. See FINRA BrokerCheck, Jiko U.S. Treasuries Risk Disclosures and Jiko Securities Inc. Form CRS.

Did this answer your question?